THINGS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER TO INVEST IN A UNIT TRUST
What is your time-scale?
With unit trusts, you need to give your money time to grow. Unit trusts are a medium to long term investment (ideally a minimum of three to five years) allowing market fluctuations time to smooth out.
What is your appetite for risk?
Factors that determine the investor’s risk level are age, health, income, financial/unit trust knowledge, and whether or not you have defendants. For example an investor seeking security and income would select a fixed income fund.
Is the objective of the fund in line with your investment aims?
Your investment objective determines the fund you go for. For Example if you require capital growth, you would choose an equity fund
You always know how much you own
The buying price and selling price of units are quoted daily in the media national press, and can also be obtained directly RNIT
Flexible Investment Options
You can either invest a lump sum amount, which means that your entire investment immediately benefits from the growth and income potential of the chosen unit trust, or you can make a regular investment each month, which is an easier way of building up capital and meeting your cash flow needs.
HOW CAN YOU BUY OR SELL YOUR UNITS
In order to buy the Units you should observe the following:
1. Visit the RNIT website to download the form or visit the distribution agent
2. Complete a Form to be sent to the RNIT
3. Your units will be sold by the RNIT
4. You will be issued with a statement as evidence of the trade
5. RNIT will pay you by money transfer through your bank account
On the other hand, when you want to sell your shares, you do the following:
1. Income is calculated
2. Book closure, Information to investors and announcements
3. Income reimbursed by bank transfer